Tuesday 14 July 2009

the smoke fairy


dusty powder

grey blue

wisp of

smoke

side view




most of these slips were dyed eons ago
with a powder blue dye.. and only just
now pulled out brushed off and torn
up to make a fairy skirt.. its a bit
too poofy but all the better for
dancing about? little wisps of
smoke dont linger very long.
they just up and away
sometimes and fast.

my cousin was here
with me this week
and now shes gone
back to wisconsin.
i miss her so much
because she hears
the fairies too.

16 comments:

TheHysterian said...

Very pretty, like a little chinchilla. <3

Fox :::.... said...

I love this skirt. Hopefully you'll see your cousin soon. <3

stephanie dosen said...

thanks :)
i looooove chinchilla-ness!

Anonymous said...

wow that skirt is so beautiful did you make it?

<3

littlebyrd said...

gorgeous. Really truly!!

Lara said...

Beauty! Beauty! Love! :)

Laura said...

I LOVE love this one :) SO preddy. I'm off to Seattle this weekend to meet P's family...wish me luck! xoxoxo

BEESTLYproducts said...

this is the best one yet :-)

stephanie dosen said...

thank you flowers!
yes i did make it..
i dont think its *quite done* yet..
it needs a little more in the back :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

flip that skirt is killer!
wanted to let you know I think the fairies are coming back :)

Hannah said...

That's so pretty!

stephanie dosen said...

they never left you im sure of it!
:) xoxo

PinkBow said...

you're very talented at these projects!

j. said...

I love the skirt and its also in one of my fave girls.. I just love anything that's kind of powdery in color.. :-)

xx

V

j. said...

*actually, what I meant was one of my favorite colors.. not girls.. sorry.. i think its the sleepy girl in me that's typing. :-)

xx

Anonymous said...

hmm... bookmarked style :)